While outdoor grills are great for family bonding and for good old time barbeque with the friends, indoor grills have their own purposes especially when the weather isn’t cooperating with your plans or whenever it just seems like grilling indoors is the better option. That said, here are the 10 best electric indoor grills you should consider to buy this year.
- List of the Best Electric Indoor Grills of 2020
- #1. Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
- #2. George Foreman GBR5750SBLQ Broil 7-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill, Broiler, Panini Press, and Waffle Maker
- #3. Power Smokeless Grill
- #4. T-fal GC70 OptiGrill
- #5. Breville Smart Grill
- #6. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Grill
- #7. Cuisinart GR-4N
- #8. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
- #9. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
- #10. VonShef Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill
List of the Best Electric Indoor Grills of 2020
#1. Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
This smokeless indoor grill by appliance giant Philips specializes at evenly cooking your food because of the advanced infrared reflectors that heat the cooking grid evenly. In addition to that, you also don’t have to adjust heat yourself and find the optimal cooking temperature because this grill does it for you. It will automatically heat the grid to the optimal temperature for meat and will stay consistent at that temperature.
For cleaning purposes, it is easy to clean this electric grill since you can just simply wipe the grease off it. And if you want a more thorough clean, this grill is dishwasher-safe. That means that you can have the dishwasher do the dirty work for you.
Conclusion: It is the best indoor grill you can find on the market because of how it has all the features you need for basic grilling. The infrared light might get a little too distracting but it is what keeps the meat evenly cooked all throughout the entire process. Also, you can check out our guide for the electric raclette grill.
• Easy to set up.
• Heat distribution is even so that your food cooks evenly.
• The heat stays at a consistent temperature.
• Made out of plastic, which might melt.
• Cooks only one side at a time.
#2. George Foreman GBR5750SBLQ Broil 7-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill, Broiler, Panini Press, and Waffle Maker
Made by the company of former professional boxer George Foreman, this indoor electric appliance is not only a grill but is also seven different cooking tools all in one package. It can grill, broil, bake, griddle, top melt, press paninis, and make waffles. In that sense, you probably won’t need any other kitchen appliance if you have this by your side.
When you are grilling, this electric indoor appliance gives you enough space so that you can cook your protein together with your vegetables. And even if you are using it for other purposes, it can easily switch from one function to another while allowing you to adjust the temperature depending on how you use it. The non-stick ceramic griddle also means that this electric grill is durable, safe to use, and easy to clean. Plus, the plate can be removed for cleaning purposes.
Conclusion: It is a great all-around kitchen appliance to have because of how it can be used for seven different purposes.
• Can be used for a lot of different purposes.
• The heat is adjustable to allow you to cook different types of food differently.
• Big enough to cook multiple types of food.
• Not the biggest grill compared to the other competitors.
• Takes quite a while to heat up.
#3. Power Smokeless Grill
Power Smokeless Grill is known for its extra-large grilling surface, which allows you to grill a lot of food simultaneously. This not only saves you time but also power expenses. The grilling plate is also made out of ceramic to make sure that your food does not stick on the surface and to allow you to cook your food even without adding unnecessary oil. And even if you add oil, there is a tray that catches any oil or fat dripping from the surface of the grilling plate.
This electric grill has a smart temperature control that allows you to evenly cook your food to up to 450 degrees. The ceramic grill plate is easy to remove so that you can clean it without having to touch the other parts of this electric grill. And the highlight of this grill is that it has a smokeless technology that extracts the smoke rapidly to allow you to cook indoors without having to worry about the smoke alarm going off.
Conclusion: This is the best indoor grill if you want to make sure that your home does not smell like smoke. It is also one of the best electric grills for cooking large quantities of food or large pieces of meat.
• Large grilling plate that measures 13.75″ x 8″.
• Cooks your food without the annoying smoke.
• Comes with a grilling plate instead of a grid.
• Heat doesn’t always stay constant.
#4. T-fal GC70 OptiGrill
This indoor grill by T-fal is one of the most advanced ones on the market. One of the advanced features it has is that it has grilling cycles adjust to how thick the food is. Other than that, it also has six cooking programs that can be used to automatically adjust the heat to the type of food you are cooking. On top of that, the indicator lights will help you monitor the cooking progress of your food.
While its automatic cooking function makes it an ideal tool to have, it also has a manual mode so that you can cook your food the way you want to. The cooking surface is also large enough to allow you to cook multiple foods all at once.
Conclusion: It is a high-tech electric indoor grill that allows you to automatically cook different types of food. It’s best if you want a grill that already knows the optimal cooking conditions for certain types of food.
• Automatic cooking function.
• Adjusts to the thickness of the food.
• The lid tends to be too tight that it presses the food too much.
• Cooking multiple types of food all at once requires you to use the manual mode.
#5. Breville Smart Grill
A high-tech and adjustable grill, this indoor appliance by Breville can be used for a lot of cooking modes. The foldable lid can be laid flat to allow for more cooking space. The griddle is not only for cooking meat but can also be used for panini. Plus, it has an automatic setting that adjusts the heat depending on what kind of food you are cooking.
As mentioned, the height can be adjusted depending on the settings. The heat can also be manually adjusted somewhere in between 310- 450F to give you a free hand on how to cook your food.
Conclusion: This expensive high-tech grill is large and advanced enough for all kinds of food. It also helps that it has automatic settings so that you yourself wouldn’t have to worry about how hot the grill should be for certain types of food.
• Lid can be laid flat for more cooking space and for barbequing.
• Automatic settings allow you to switch from one mode to another depending on the food.
• Versatile and large enough to cook different types and quantities of food.
• The non-stick coating doesn’t last very long.
• Having it repaired can be quite expensive.
#6. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Grill
Another great item by boxing legend George Foreman, this appliance serves as an all-around grill that can be used both indoors and outdoors. However, the beauty of this grill is that it can serve a lot of people because of the sheer size of its cooking surface. The grill also has an adjustable temperature setting to help you cook different types of food at their optimal cooking conditions.
One other selling point that this grill has is that it tends to strip fat off with its sloped grilling surface. This helps you cook food while also stripping a lot of fat especially if you are looking to live a healthier fat-free lifestyle.
Conclusion: It’s a great choice if you are looking for an all-around grill that can also be used outdoors. It is also a good option if you are planning for wide-scale cooking because of how it can cook 15 servings of food.
• Large enough for 15 servings.
• Can be used both indoors and outdoors.
• Strips up to 42% of fat.
• Too large for some indoor households.
• A little flimsy and wobbly.
• Difficult to clean.
#7. Cuisinart GR-4N
This is a popular grill because of its 5-in-1 feature. In that sense, it can work as a panini press and as an all-in-one traditional grill. The foldable top can also be laid flat so that you can use the half griddle mode. And, if you are using a full griddle mode, the top floats so that it adjusts to the thickness of the food.
To allow you to cook your food the way you want to, the heat is fully adjustable. There are also indicator lights that will help you tell if your food is ready or if the grill has gotten to a certain temperature. This grill is also easy to clean because the cooking plates can drain grease and are also removable as well.
Conclusion: It is a grill that does the basic functions of a good grill well enough. Plus, it is also so versatile that it can be used in five different ways.
• Foldable top adjusts to the height of the food.
• Easy to clean.
• Versatile enough to be used for five different cooking modes.
• Cord tends to get hot.
• Isn’t very durable as it is made out of light materials.
#8. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
An affordable indoor grill that can cook like an outdoor one, this grill by Hamilton Beach does the basic functions of a good kitchen appliance. It sears the food well and balanced enough while also providing you with enough surface space to cook up to eight servings. The temperature is also fully adjustable to give you a free hand on how to cook your food.
This item is dishwasher safe and has removable plates for easy cleaning. The hood or the top lid can also be removed.
Conclusion: It’s a great item especially because of how affordable it is and how it can do the basic functions of a grill really well.
• Large surface space that allows you to cook eight servings.
• Promises to cook food as if it were an outdoor grill.
• Cooks only one side at a time.
• Takes a long time to preheat.
#9. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
DeLonghi offers you a basic grill that promises to cook your food evenly because of its embedded grill plate heating. In that sense, you won’t have to worry about having one piece of meat cooking faster than the others. It also has a space that is large enough for you to cook for an entire family. And the one thing it has that some other one-sided grills don’t is a lid that keeps your food juicy as it traps the heat inside.
Conclusion: This grill doesn’t have a lot of features but it sticks perfectly well to what a grill should do. It is also very easy to clean because of its removable plates and tray. Also, you can check out our guide for the best roaster ovens.
• Lid helps trap the heat to keep the food juicy and warm.
• Basic yet functional enough to perform the fundamental tasks of a good grill.
• Only has one cooking feature.
• Drip pan isn’t non-stick. If not cleaned in time, the fat might stick.
#10. VonShef Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill
This one-sided grill offers you the goodness of what a grill should fundamentally do—cook food barbeque style. With a surface space that is large enough, it allows you to cook multiple servings all at once. It also has a non-stick surface that no longer needs oil and does not leave any burnt residue. And with its LED touch control panel, it adds a high-tech feature that allows you to digitally adjust the temperature anywhere from 220°F to 450°F.
The main selling point of this grill is its smokeless feature. It has a built-in fan that extracts all the smoke to allow you to cook food indoors without having to worry about what the smoke can possibly do to your household.
Conclusion: It is a good option for smokeless grilling if you worry about setting the smoke alarm.
• Offers a large cooking space.
• Smokeless feature puts you at ease.
• Cooks only one side at a time.
• Limited to only one cooking mode.
* You may wish to see Roadtrip Grill for your family bonding activities.