A cheese slicer is one of the must-have tools in your kitchen. Cheap and practical, a cheese slicer eases up much of a daunting slicing task. Therefore, a cheese slicer is useful if you’re dealing with thin or creamy cheese.
Regardless of the knifing skills, you might have, there’s no way you can make thin slices of cheese just like what a cheese slicer does. The shape and size of a cheese slicer can actually impact the way the cheese tastes.
If you’re planning to buy a cheese slicer, then you must check out the best cheese slicers in the market.
List of the Best Cheese Slicer
#1. Westmark Germany Multipurpose Stainless Steel Cheese and Food Slicer
This product is a beautiful multi-purpose cheese slicer made of stainless steel. Westmark guarantees the best quality for this item in terms of material and craftsmanship.
One of the best things about this cheese slicer is that it comes with a good ergonomic design. The blade looks fine and crafted using stainless steel while the aluminum handle is comfortable and sturdy.
It comes with a board made of ABS material and a flexible scale that helps in keeping the cheese slices uniform in width. Aside from cheese, this cheese slicer can cut other food items such as sausages, cucumbers, and many more.
Cleaning the tool after use is quite straightforward. Just wash it with soap or whatever you’re using for the spoons and plates. Also, you should have a brush for scraping off the sticky residue. Best of all, this Westmark cheese slicer comes with a 5-year warranty.
Conclusion: This product from Westmark is a nice offer considering its features, quality, and the included warranty. The product aims to offer every customer the best value for his money. Also, you can check out our guide for the best meat slicers and meat grinders.
- Stainless steel blade
- Aluminum cast handle
- Works on cheese and other food items
- Easy to use and clean
- 5-year warranty
- Some flimsy parts
#2. Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer
Bellemain is one of the most trusted kitchen tool manufacturers today. The Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer is another addition to the company’s modern tools collection.
This cheese slicer lets you cut the whole cheese into different sizes while maintaining the consistency for every piece. A slice of cheese can be as slim as 3.5” wide depending on the tightness of the brass knobs on every side as you twist it.
Whatever might be the thickness, the handle’s smoothness and design will allow you to manage the slicer comfortably. This cheese slicer is crafted using zinc alloy that improves its ability to last.
Also, this product comes with a replacement stainless steel wire in the package. Above all of these, the item has a one-year full warranty.
Conclusion: Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer is a good choice for those consumers who want a longer-lasting kitchen tool. This product comes with nice features, good quality, and a full warranty.
- Free replacement wire
- 3 thickness levels
- Ergonomic design
- Slightly heavier than other models
#3. OXO Cheese Slicer
OXO 1071567 Cheese Slicer is a fantastic wire cheese slicer with free replacement wires. It is easy to use and convenient to adjust featuring sturdy die-cast zinc construction.
It also comes with an easy-grip handle for a more convenient pulling of the slicer’s cutting wire over medium and hard cheeses. By adjusting the wrist angle, you can simply change the slicing thickness from thin to thick and vice versa. This product is also dishwasher safe.
Conclusion: OXO 1071567 Cheese Slicer is also a compelling option when it comes to cheese slicers. Aside from being dishwasher safe, this item comes with pretty features that are truly hard to ignore.
- Free replaceable wire
- Zinc construction
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy-to-grip handle
- Plastic wheel
- Difficult to adapt the angle
- Can’t cut slim enough slices
#4. Westmark Germany Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Wire
This heavy-duty cheese slicer has an angular setter designed for changing the set thickness. The unit’s roller and wire are both stainless steel.
Therefore, this slicer is less prone to corrosion and other possible damages. The wire is tight enough. You can easily press it on the hard cheese blocks.
The unit’s handle is aluminum. However, the size is a bit too small. It’s amazingly easy to wash. Simply put it in the dishwasher and let the machine do the rest. Likewise, this cheese slicer comes with a 5-year warranty.
Conclusion: This Westmark is also a nice offer that comes with fantastic features, premium quality, and a 5-year warranty.
- Smooth steel roller
- Tight stainless steel wire
- Easy to use
- Aluminum handle
- Dishwasher safe
- Small, thin handle
- Faulty adaptable angle
#5. Prodyne Thick Beechwood
This cheese slicer is known to be shock absorbing and hard-wearing. This one can endure gouging, forceful, and scratching compared to other woods. It also comes with non-slip rubber feet that help in keeping the unit in place while working.
Furthermore, it features a glossy black handle and an arm added to the board. The stainless steel wire sits tightly between the board and the arm. The wire has a lifetime warranty that gives you peace of mind against breakage. This means you can get a replacement wire for free when the old one breaks.
Conclusion: This cheese slicer from Prodyne is a nice-looking offer considering its features and the lifetime warranty.
- Replaceable wires
- Stylish handle and arm
- Can slice thinner cuts of cheese
- Lifetime warranty
- Not dishwasher safe
#6. Norpro Heavy Duty Adjustable
This cheese slicer from Norpro is a great model that comes with interesting features. It easily adjusts for thin or thick slices of cheese, depending on what you prefer.
It consistently cuts the whole block of cheese evenly. It’s perfect for parties when serving sandwiches and cheese platters for lunch.
It comes with a stainless steel slicing wire. The device is durable due to its zinc alloy body.
Conclusion: This one is undeniably a good offer. It aims to offer the best for the needs and expectations of every user.
- Easy to use
- Replacement wire
- Too heavy
#7. RSVP Polished 8 x 5 White Marble Board
This RVSP cheese slicer is a fantastic way of slicing, cutting, and serving a range of cheeses. Therefore, this product is ideal to use when preparing dishes with cheese. It measures 5 inches by 8 inches.
It also has 2 replacement wires, a stainless steel lever, and a wire cutter. Every piece comes with a unique color and pattern.
The unit’s clever design lets the wire pass efficiently and completely over the cheese in the groove. The manufacturer recommends handwashing. Additional replacement wires are available.
Conclusion: RVSP cheese slicer is truly one of the hard-to-ignore options when it comes to cheese slicers. It comes with interesting features and good quality that aim to offer the best value for the customers’ hard-earned money.
- Nice design
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Marble base
- Fairly heavy
#8. Cook N Home Zinc Alloy Heavy Duty
This cheese slicer comes with a heavy-duty handle made of zinc alloy. The handle is also ergonomic for an easier and firmer grip. The wire and roller are both made of stainless. Therefore, they can easily cut both soft and hard pieces of cheese.
The knob is easy to adjust, allowing you to cut the cheese into different thicknesses with ease. In general, the unit is extremely sturdy, and its build quality is suitable for professional use.
Conclusion: This Cook N Home cheese slicer is also a compelling offer considering its features, durability, and ease of use.
- Stainless roller and wire
- Easy to use and adjust
- Easy to clean
- Not dishwasher safe
#9. Fox Run Marble
This cheese slicer comes with stainless steel wire that can effectively cut soft and hard cheese. The package includes two replacement wires for free.
The board has a rubber base that helps avoid frequent and unnecessary sliding, letting you finish the job quickly. Its marble body makes the tool itself a more enticing offer.
Conclusion: This cheese slicer is a good offer due to its features, quality, and efficiency.
- Replacement wires
- Rubber feet
- Easy to clean
- Good design
- Cannot handle big blocks of cheese
#10. Boska Holland
This cheese slicer comes with a sharp and thin blade, allowing you to manage the block of cheese with ease. The tool is almost stainless steel.
There are no wires, which means you don’t need to constantly adjust and replace them. Meaning, you cannot customize the thickness of all cheese slices based on your preference. This overall construction is good and sturdy, meant for semi-hard and hard cheese.
Conclusion: Aside from its features, Boska Holland 307063 Cheese Slicer is a good choice of cheese slicers because it comes with a 10-year guarantee. Check out our complete guide about the best salt grinders.
- Dishwasher safe
- Ten-year guarantee
- Good design
- Stainless steel handle and blade
- No wires
- Quite small
- Cannot adjust the thickness
What to Consider When Buying a Cheese Slicer?
• Varying Thickness – if you often serve different cheese dishes, every dish will demand specific thick lines, you should invest in the cheese slicer that will help you in doing this. Typically, the cheese slicer from this category features a dial or knob to adjust the thickness of every cheese slice.
• Consistency – the number one reason behind the creation of cheese slicers was to make perfect cuts of cheese. Otherwise, this knife is still doing the job fairly by providing you the cheese slices at a more affordable range. Having the ability to produce cheese slices of the same size is a big thing for modern cutters these days.
• Durability – choose a slicer that will last for 6 years. The material used in making the cheese slicer should not be flimsy or prone to damage. Instead, the material must be able to endure tough pressure and rusting. It is the reason behind the popularity of stainless steel as a material used in making cutters and slicers. Stainless steel is less susceptible to corrosion and often lasts for almost 10 years.
• Flexibility – pick a cheese slicer that is equally effective in both soft and hard cheese blocks. It must be able to slice over hard cheeses like Pecorino Romano and Parmigiano. Likewise, it should be convenient to use for soft cheeses such as Cheddar, Mozzarella, and blue cheese.
• Clean up – whether it’s dishwasher-safe or not, cleaning the cheese slicer must be easy and convenient. Scraping off the sticky residue should not be difficult to do. The residue should separate from the slicer in just one stroke.
Safety & Warranty
• Safety – cheese slicers don’t need to be best enough to ensure the user’s safety. In this matter, it is best to choose a cheese slicer with an ergonomic design.
• Warranty – if a cheese slicer doesn’t come with a product warranty, it can mean the manufacturer is not sure about its innovation. To get the best value for your money, choose a cheese slicer with remarkable features and a warranty.
Kinds of Cheese Slicers
Cheese slicers are available in two major types: tabletop and handheld slicers. The latter is more common, but tabletop slicers tend to be more consistent in the end. Handheld slicers are fairly portable while the tabletop models are quite heavy. Also, tabletop slicers can process the whole cheese block compared to the handheld slicers. Handheld cheese slicers are popular due to their compactness. They look like the veggie and fruit peelers. In fact, a few of them can behave like peelers, but you cheese slicer can’t exactly do what the veggie peelers do. Handheld cheese slicers occupy less space, which is another thing that makes them a popular option for many.
Tabletop cheese slicers often have a sturdy and accommodating base that can help you in processing a bigger cheese block. They are ideal for people who don’t lack in space inside the kitchen. The best thing regarding tabletop slicers is their stable base which gives you a nice grip throughout the slicing process, making the slicer easier to control. Tabletop slicers can process both soft and hard cheese with equal efficiency.
With a lot of choices available, you can’t just pick a cheese slicer and go. Choosing a cheese slicer that meets your needs and expectation is key to getting the best return for your money. May this list help you make the best choice today.
- List of the Best Cheese Slicer
- #1. Westmark Germany Multipurpose Stainless Steel Cheese and Food Slicer
- #2. Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer
- #3. OXO Cheese Slicer
- #4. Westmark Germany Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Wire
- #5. Prodyne Thick Beechwood
- #6. Norpro Heavy Duty Adjustable
- #7. RSVP Polished 8 x 5 White Marble Board
- #8. Cook N Home Zinc Alloy Heavy Duty
- #9. Fox Run Marble
- #10. Boska Holland
- What to Consider When Buying a Cheese Slicer?
- General Conclusion