Get Your Tortilla Fast and Hot
The tortilla is great for all occasions and, together with the proper ingredients, is a fantastic treat for your friends and for the entire family as well. And if you are running your own food truck or business, you will know that tacos and empanadas always sell out fast especially if you have some of the best tortillas in town.
However, the problem with using tortillas is the need to flatten the dough. Doing so can take up time especially if you are using a rolling pin. If you are running a business, the time you used for heating tortilla can potentially lead to wasted profits. You don’t want that.
As such, using a cast iron tortilla press is a great way for you to save time because you no longer have to actually flatten the tortilla yourself. All you need to do is to get the dough and allow the tortilla press to do its thing as it flattens to perfect rounds without the need for you to use a rolling pin. So, if you are interested in a good tortilla press, here are some of the best the market has to offer right now:
List of the Best Cast Iron Tortilla Press
#1. 10 Inch Cast Iron Tortilla Press by StarBlue
The 10 Inch Cast Iron Tortilla Press by StarBlueis made of pure cast iron and is 10 inches in diameter. It is also heavy enough to make sure that it flattens and presses your tortilla to the right width and shape. It is even very versatile that you can use it to make roti, tacos, as well as empanadas and other similar types of food.
You will find that this product is very simple to use and easy to clean. It evenly presses your tortilla dough because of its heavy and even weight. And because it is almost maintenance-free, all you need to do is to wipe the surface off when you are cleaning it after using it.
Conclusion: Great at flattening your tortilla, this 10 Inch Cast Iron Tortilla Press by StarBlue is as effective as any other tortilla press on the market. You can also check out our list of the best Pizzelle makers and Quesadilla makers.
- Big and heavy enough for effective pressing.
- Versatile and can be used for multiple types of dough.
- Presses your dough evenly so that it comes out almost perfectly round.
- It might be big but it only tends to press the dough into a smaller tortilla.
#2. Lodhi’s Cast Iron Tortilla Press
The Cast Iron Tortilla Press by Lodhi’s comes in a premium quality that follows the traditional design of what a tortilla press should be. It has a diameter of eight inches and was designed to help you press your tortilla in an easy and quick manner. You can be sure that it has flat surfaces on both sides and has a bolted handle so that it stays stable while pressing your tortilla.
This tortilla press is very simple to use. All you have to do is to place the dough in the center, press the plates together, and close it. It’s that easy and will not take up a lot of your time while it presses and even cooks the dough if you put the press overheat.
Conclusion: The Cast Iron Tortilla Press by Lodhi’s is a simple tool to use and is great at giving you a perfectly pressed tortilla.
- Large enough surface for most tortilla sizes.
- Provides stability while pressing the tortilla.
- Makes rounds that are almost perfect.
- Very simple and easy to use.
- Doesn’t make the tortilla thin enough.
#3. Bioexcel 8-Inch Cast Iron Tortilla Presser
The Bioexcel 8-Inch Cast Iron Tortilla Presser comes in a round eight-inch design that has a non-stick surface on both sides of the press. This material was designed using traditional specifications and will produce the classic eight-inch tortilla after pressing the dough. And whether you’re using corn or flour tortilla, you will find that it always brings back the same results.
Moreover, the Bioexcel 8-Inch Cast Iron Tortilla Presser comes with a handle attachment that allows you to use it easily whenever you are using it to heat the tortilla over an open flame or on an induction cooker. Read our complete guide about the best gas cooktop with griddle.
Conclusion: The Bioexcel 8-Inch Cast Iron Tortilla Presser is fantastic at doing what a traditional tortilla press is supposed to do and is overall a great product to use.
- Non-stick surface promises to make sure that the tortilla does not stick on the press.
- The handle makes it easy to use if you want to heat the tortilla up.
- There are times that it does not press the tortilla fully and produces a tortilla that is smaller than eight inches.
- After cleaning, you need to dry it out completely before using it again, or else the non-stick surface will rust or chip off.
#4. Victoria TOR-003
The Victoria TOR-003 Cast Iron Tortilla Press is a multipurpose product that allows you to make different kinds of food such as tacos, dumplings, empanadas, and roti. It comes in a standard eight-inch diameter that presses the dough to eight inches as well. It also is very low maintenance as you no longer need to do anything to clean the surface. Just wipe it with a damp cloth and let it dry out before using it again. It is that easy!
Conclusion: The Victoria TOR-003 Cast Iron Tortilla Press is an easy and simple tortilla press to use and is great at helping you make tortillas efficiently.
- Can be used for a variety of purposes.
- Very easy to use and clean.
- Does not do a good job at completely flattening the dough into a tortilla.
- Feels flimsy especially the pin that holds the handle to the bottom portion of the press.
#5. Eleganceinlife Cast Iron Tortilla Press
The Eleganceinlife Cast Iron Tortilla Press was designed to be a heavy-duty product that presses your tortilla dough evenly while providing enough resistance and stability in the handle. The weight of the press itself is heavy enough. Meanwhile, the handle has a durable and sturdy bolt to make sure that it stays stable while you are pressing the dough or even cooking it over a heat source. That said, it promises to be a long-lasting product that will not suddenly give up on you while you are making a tortilla.
Conclusion: The Eleganceinlife Cast Iron Tortilla Press is a sturdy, stable, and durable tortilla press that promises to last for a very long time.
- Heavy enough to provide an even press.
- Made to be durable and sturdy.
- Tortillas come out a bit too thick than what you should expect.
- Might break if you press it hard enough but is still durable so long as you allow it to press the tortilla all by itself.
#6. D-ICE Tortilla Press – 8 Inch Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Roti Press
The D-ICE Tortilla Press – 8 Inch Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Roti Press is an easy and simple tortilla press to use as it is already pre-seasoned with flaxseed oil for flavor and as simple to use as putting the dough in the center and closing the press. It also has a heavy construction that uses its sheer weight to flatten the dough in an evenly shaped tortilla. Best of all, it does not feel flimsy and promises to be durable. That said, it will not break so easily while you are pressing the tortilla.
Conclusion: The D-ICE Tortilla Press – 8 Inch Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Roti Press is durable and fantastic at pressing dough into an evenly shaped tortilla.
- Pre-seasoned for flavor especially when you are using it to make roti.
- Durable and great at evenly flattening your tortilla dough.
- It does a good job at making even tortillas but they come out not as flat as you should want them to be.
- Better for roti than it is for a tortilla.
#7. Uno Casa
The Uno Casa Cast Iron Tortilla Press was made to be heavy-duty and durable so that it can last for a lifetime. You can just leave the weight of the product to press down on the dough to flatten it. You don’t even have to use a lot of effort when making tortilla using the Uno Casa Cast Iron Tortilla Press. Moreover, it already comes seasoned with flaxseed oil so that your tortilla comes out with a bit of flavor. It actually is also pretty versatile as it allows you to use it for other purposes like making empanadas and dumplings.
Conclusion: The Uno Casa Cast Iron Tortilla press is a great addition to our kitchen because of how durable and sturdy it is and is also a very multipurpose product that allows you to make more than just tortilla.
- Heavy-duty and sturdy.
- Pre-seasoned to provide a bit of flavor.
- Tortillas tend to stick on the surface if you are not using a baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Pressing it a bit too hard might cause it to break.
#8. Alpha Living Tortilla Press
When it comes to heavyweight tortilla presses, the Alpha Living Tortilla Press is one of the most effective products on the market. It is heavy enough to be able to evenly press the tortilla using its weight alone. With a diameter of about 7.5 inches, it can press the tortilla to the right size and makes sure that it flattens the dough to uniform shapes and sizes. It was also designed to be long-lasting so that you can use it for almost a lifetime without having to worry about its longevity.
Conclusion: The Alpha Living Tortilla Press is a great product to use if you want to get a tortilla that is as even as possible and without the hassle at that.
- Pretty heavy and great at flattening tortilla.
- Makes sure that the dough is evenly shaped.
- It might be effective at making flat tortillas but there are times when the tortilla comes out a bit thick.
- You might need to press a bit hard to get the desired results.
#9. Chef’s Secret Red Tortilla Press
The Chef’s Secret Red Tortilla Press comes in a unique red color that you do not often see in other products of the same kind. While it has some of the other standard features of good tortilla presses, what makes this stand out is not only the color but also the heavy construction that allows it to do its job well enough. Moreover, it feels solid and durable so long as you use it properly.
Conclusion: The uniquely colored Chef’s Secret Red Tortilla Press is a good product to use if you want a quality tortilla press that stands out with its color and quality.
- The red color looks great and unique.
- Rust and proof-proof.
- The tortilla still comes out a bit too thick.
- Lighter than some tortilla presses but it actually still does the job well.
#10. Cast Iron Tortilla Press by ICO
This Cast Iron Tortilla Press by ICO is pretty effective at being a durable tortilla press as it promises that it won’t easily break whenever you are using it. It comes with all of the standard features of a good tortilla press and is fantastic at making tortilla and flatbread.
Conclusion: The Cast Iron Tortilla Press by ICO does not have a lot of features but it is very durable. We also have a list of the best small microwaves and charcoal grills that you might like to check.
- Durability is the name of its game.
- Does well what tortilla presses are supposed to do.
- Does not press the dough thin enough.
- Requires you to press the dough a couple of times or so for it to come out completely flat.
When it comes to choosing a good cast iron tortilla press, the weight of the product is not the only thing you should consider. You should also look at how durable the product is and how effective it is at making a flat tortilla. After all, the tortilla should always come out evenly flat before you cook it.
Otherwise, you won’t end up with a high-quality tortilla if it is a bit thick when you heat it up. However, you should also highly consider the durability of the product because pressing the tortilla press too hard when you are trying to flatten the dough might end up breaking it.
- List of the Best Cast Iron Tortilla Press
- #1. 10 Inch Cast Iron Tortilla Press by StarBlue
- #2. Lodhi’s Cast Iron Tortilla Press
- #3. Bioexcel 8-Inch Cast Iron Tortilla Presser
- #4. Victoria TOR-003
- #5. Eleganceinlife Cast Iron Tortilla Press
- #6. D-ICE Tortilla Press – 8 Inch Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Roti Press
- #7. Uno Casa
- #8. Alpha Living Tortilla Press
- #9. Chef’s Secret Red Tortilla Press
- #10. Cast Iron Tortilla Press by ICO
- Final Conclusion